Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Who's in Control?

When I paint, I have a thought, an idea which I want to visualise onto a canvass, a piece of paper or panel. 
I am in control of the paint by what ever means I choose, I can apply it. I can choose colours, forms and methods of application, but I am in control.
When I painted outside and it began to rain, I lost that control. The paint which I had already applied to the canvas was moved, shaped, distorted into forms which I wasn't controlling. It took on shapes and styles I wasn't expecting. My only role was to stop this process when I saw a finished piece by taking it inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anxiety

My anxiety Is an unease at a basic level through worry to fear like traffic lights Green-Amber-Red 1-2-3 or 3-2-1! like water over-topping m...